- a glass container that can hold at least 1litre
- yogurt culture powder (i got it from four seasons organic market)
- milk (i used full cream organic cow’s milk because of the kiddo)
what you do:
- according to instructions, 1 tsp make 1litre of yogurt
- warm up 1 litre of milk in a pot to about 40 degrees, on low heat. (warm to the touch, do not let the milk boil!) if you are in a rush to make yogurt, you can heat up the milk more, the warmer it is, the faster the milk ferments.
- drop 1 tsp of the culture powder into the glass container & stir in.
- let it stand for 10-12hrs (but on very very crazy sizzling day, you might wanna check about 8-10hrs), make sure you don’t let it stand for too long, it’ll get more sour the longer you leave it out
- when you see becomes curdy, put it in the fridge
- add any flavorings you like, mangoes, honey, strawberries, raisins, prunes, apricots, etc
- should finish most of it in the next 3-4 days
- leave out a lil’, maybe like about a finger’s height of the yogurt
- pour in another 1litre of milk, repeat steps 3-7 and you’ve got yourself another 1litre of yogurt!
- you can try to make a couple more times, the most i’ve gone to was 3x, each time you make, the live cultures will get weaker & weaker, so maybe you don’t want to make so many times also, you know, oh and i’ve also heard if the 1st batch is sour (which is what i did, because i forgot about it & left it out to stand for a few more hours till the texture’s like firm tofu already), the following batches will be sour too, so don’t be like me, be diligent for your 1st batch!
i added a lil’ manuka honey & dried apricots for the kiddo
2 tiny pots for him, 1 small bowl for mua
look at how intensely he’s trying to scoop & enjoy the yogurt, of course more like making sure he has the apricots in each spoonful, gee
ah such satisfied look after his dessert
& he finished the 2 tiny pots totally clean!